[Greenbuilding] wall envelope - rainscreen

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Fri Oct 15 14:54:54 CDT 2010

SCRUNCH  (skrʌntʃ)  V.T.  To deform an object, posture, or face, by some
means of compression, distortion, bad taste or smell, etc.

the "ban" was the prohibition against hanging siding from furring strips
over foam, in John Salmen territory.

Speaking of John, who, as Lincoln would have it, is "the one who commenced
this fuss" -- my project manager just walked in a few hours ago and handed
me a brochure for "RainDrop Green Guard Building Wrap" by Pactiv.

The product is "scrunched" in some fashion to provide drainage channels, "no
matter how tightly cladding is nailed to the wall."  16 perms.  15 mils
thick.

There you have it.

AA

*Alan Abrams**
Abrams Design Build LLC*
*A sustainable approach to beautiful space*
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com
*202-726-5894 o
202-437-8583 c