[Greenbuilding] MDF vs Particleboard vs Whatever

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Sat Oct 23 15:06:51 CDT 2010

Wood. #2 Pine is just the ticket for non outgassing shelves. What we
really don't like about MDF is the incredibly fine dust,
with all the binders it contains. 27 years I scraped my arm on a
freshly cut edge of particle bd, drawing blood. It looked like
a burn for many years: even now, you can see a feint scar from that
otherwise forgettable minor injury. I build counters in
hardwood. If you undermount the sink, you will eliminate the crude
factor that happens where the rim meets the counter.
Now, if you mount the faucet on the wall...
Clarke Olsen
373 route 203
Spencertown, NY 12165
USA