[Greenbuilding] MDF vs Particleboard vs Whatever

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Sat Oct 23 20:42:25 CDT 2010

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW

-----Original Message-----
From: greenbuilding-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org
[mailto:greenbuilding-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org]On Behalf Of
Brian Milani
 I used a bit of MDF (Medite II) back then, just as it was coming
into the mainstream.  The latter seemed awfully heavy, though, and one
green cabinetmaker said he doesn't use it for that reason.

Damn right about the weight. I picked up some big mdf boards from a shop
fit-out to make a couple of possum boxes. I had no idea how heavy that stuff
is.

The builders and carpenters don't like the stuff and try to stay away from
it because of the dust, not the weight. Its typical use round here is for
skirting moulds. It finishes well and the on-site cutting is limited to
short mitres.
-----
No virus found in this message.