[Greenbuilding] Q: Average thermal mass for furnishings?

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 26 12:13:26 CDT 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:22:43 -0400, Corwyn <corwyn at midcoast.com> wrote:

> I am looking for an average value for thermal mass(of furniture,
> possessions, appliances, etc)inside a home,

I suspect that one could call up a moving company and ask them what the
weight of the contents of a trailer or box is.

They may even have some "average" numbers for the possessions of various
family sizes.

One would of course have to subtract the weight of the cardboard boxes,
newspaper wrap etc.
but I suspect that moving companies would also have a pretty good idea of
how many boxes would be required for the various family sizes.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom