[Greenbuilding] Q: Average thermal mass for furnishings?

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Tue Oct 26 14:13:11 CDT 2010

Hi Corwyn and all,

I have the book "The New Autonomous House" by Brenda and Robert Vale, which gets into pretty geeky things, even for this crowd, on values of stuff, such as the heat output of a cat, as one example. I went through it quickly and they didn't seem to have a chart of contents, although a lengthy one on the building materials used and their thermal mass value. I may have missed it possibly. They also go into pretty good depth the CLO values, which was discussed earlier on this list, along with lots of other really fun stuff. They are an English design team/couple who made this house based on every calculation they could make, completely autonomous. I haven't read it in a while but enjoyed it when I did.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I do like Rob's idea, as that would be a good average value to use.

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
705.652.5159