[Greenbuilding] Relative humidity in heated houses

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:09:47 CDT 2010

Interesting the description of high RH.  I need a RH of at least 50 with 55
even better to preserve art in the house.  I fight this every year.  And
yes, I haven't had a blower door test yet (difficult to find a good tester
in our area), but I believe the house is pretty tight--not air tight, but
tighter than most.  That said, once we start burning wood, I am fighting the
RH question all winter, trying to create higher relative humidity.  When you
suggest a loose house is the reason for the lack of humidity but then say
you want something lower than 50 I think we are probably talking at cross
purposes.   Sacie

*