[Greenbuilding] Timbersil and Kebony

Philip Proefrock architect at cornellbox.com
Fri Apr 8 10:37:21 CDT 2011

I know Kebony is treated to make it more weatherproof and durable, and I
know the process makes the surface of the wood harder than raw wood, but
does it do anything for the fire rating?

Accoya is another process with natural wood that is treated to make it
more durable, but there, as well, I don't know that it does anything for
it in terms of a fire rating.

Philip Proefrock