[Greenbuilding] fireproof light deck

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 8 12:32:38 CDT 2011

My exterior raised deck is a 1-1/2" concrete slab - 5'x 6' rebar reinforced
panels cast in place on 4x4" concrete beams and has been in place for about
15 years without any rotting. Like ferrocement boats though I do expect the
reinforcement to rot out eventually. Fiberglass rebar would be a more
permanent solution.