[Greenbuilding] best lumber for raised vegetable beds

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Tue Apr 12 21:39:57 CDT 2011

I've terraced my hillside garden with 4" (x8" x16") concrete blocks.
I don't glue/mortar them together, but stack them
as usual with short lengths of wood (1"x1" locust) or rebar through
the core voids. Less work, durable, flexible, and
definitely re-useable.

Clarke Olsen
373 route 203
Spencertown, NY 12165