[Greenbuilding] Opinions on electric tankless HW heaters?

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Mon Apr 18 18:37:24 CDT 2011

Instant electric is usually the last choice on economic and environmental
grounds.

I doubt that Rheem would make them. Another manufacturer that does is
Stiebel Eltron. They have some pretty sophisticated models but they are
expensive and probably no more efficient than their simpler ones.

Even a small instant electric will take about 13kW, so retrofitting one may
call for some expensive wiring.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW