[Greenbuilding] No Fracking Way?

Chris Koehn chris at koehn.com
Wed Apr 20 12:25:07 CDT 2011

It's important to keep in mind that the largest consumer of natural gas in the U.S. is electricity production:
<http://geology.com/articles/natural-gas-uses/>

I'd submit that if we focused our efforts on conservation and elimination of NG used to produce grid power (in favour of renewables) we'd have plenty of NG without resorting to fracking.

Frank wrote: "I'd be interested in hearing folks' opinions and strategies surrounding
the following goal:

 Implementing an urban home retrofit using only electrical powered systems,
with the potential of becoming an off-grid site in the future through
reduced energy consumption and on-site generation (with purchase of
alternative sources in the short-term), in order to relieve our dependance
on natural gas as a fuel source due to its potential for high environmental
damage."

Chris Koehn
TimberGuides
Van Isle