[Greenbuilding] "Law helps solar users avoid extra LIPA fee”, by Mark Harrington (Newsday, 4/23/11)

Carmine Vasile gfx-ch at msn.com
Mon Apr 25 11:12:37 CDT 2011

Comment Re: “Law
helps solar users avoid extra LIPA fee”, by Mark Harrington (Newsday,
4/23/11)

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/law-helps-solar-users-avoid-extra-lipa-fee-1.2835169

"It would also help to point out that solar-ready,
all-electric homes like ours enjoy lower rates, which makes payback periods
longer. We have an all-electric, house with no solar roof, windmill,
wood-burning stove or fireplace, yet our Balanced Billing Budget is only
$241/month -- because electric hot water heat is now cheaper than oil because
and we have a GFX (www.gfxtechnology.com). Therefore, our house is greener than
most because our solar-ready, tankless-electric hot water heating system is far
more efficient that the tankless-oil system it replaced in 1996; the year we
stopped burning about 700 gallons of oil --- today worth over $2800. Don't take
my word for it; see recent electric bill @ www.gfxtechnology.com/Combi.html."