[Greenbuilding] EMF (and RF) radiation (was Re:PV Tracking)

RT Archilogic at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 5 10:42:56 CDT 2011

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 09:46:31 -0400, Sacie Lambertson
<sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> If WHO has suggested EMF radiation can be carcinogenic, the question is,
> at what level and how much of a 'dose'?

> *On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Haudy Kazemi <kaze0010 at umn.edu> wrote:

>> Microwave ovens use electromagnetic radiation approximately centered
>> around 2.4 GHz to heat objects.

>> Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation in a range of frequencies
>> under 2.4 Ghz, mostly 850-900 MHz and 1800-1900 MHz.

I used to have a neighbour whose profession required that he be "on call"
24/7 so he was an early user of cell phones and he kept them in his chest
pocket most of the day.

Whenever I saw him out feeding and watering his 13-15 horses and two
donkeys (all rescued by his wife ) as I was cycling by, I'd stop in to
shoot the breeze for a spell.

One day I mentioned that he looked like $#!+ (after not having seen him in
quite a while) and he told me that they had found cancer in him. Again.
Apparently it was the second time, his having beat the first one.

I told him that he was just yanking my chain because he looked pretty
robust for a guy his age, let alone someone who was battling cancer.

It was then that he opened up his shirt to show me "burn" marks on his
chest, telling me that the scarred tissue just happened to coincide with
the location where he kept his cell phone most of the time and he strongly
believed that the cell phone played a major role in his being afflicted
with cancer.

I say "used" to have a neighbour because over the years he "beat" cancer 4
times but sadly, lost the fifth battle.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom