[Greenbuilding] PV Tracking

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Fri Aug 5 18:09:40 CDT 2011

Hi Nick,
Please see my replies to your questions, below. You may not comprehend
all of my answers, but that is all right.

Frank Tettemer <frank at livingsol.com> writes:

> We've mounted 13,000 watts DC panels, in agreement with the Ontario
> Power Authority to sell, at max., 10 Kw per hour.

What on earth do you mean by that?

I mean that we have 52 Solar Worldphotovoltaic modules, rated at 250
watts Direct Current output each, mounted in four strings, feeding two
SMA 5,000 watt output inverters, and that the Ontario Power Authority
will buy 10 Kilowatts of electricity, maximum, per hour, produced from
these modules.

> These sunny summer days, we vary from 75 to 92 Kw per day...

And that.

Each day varies, as does the weather, and we typically sell between 75
kilowatt hours to 92 kilowatt hours per day, to the Ontario Power
Authority.

> They pay 81 cents per Kw produced, up to a maximum of 10 Kw per hour...

And that.

Each day, the Ontario Power Authority pays $0.81 Canadian Dollars for
each kilowatt that they buy from us. However, they will only pay for 10
kilowatts per hour, even if we produce more than that. The limit of 10
kilowatts per hour is a part of the definition of the Ontario microFIT
distributed generation program.

> This means we produce more full 10Kw each hour than the standard
> 11,000 watts arrays

Learn the difference between power and energy, nitwit!

I'm a carpenter. I am not very knowledgeable as an electrician.
I'm offering information to you, with the best of my limited abilities.

Thanks for your kind remarks, Nick.

Frank

--
Frank Tettemer