[Greenbuilding] Crushing Clay

mrgoodbeer at juno.com mrgoodbeer at juno.com
Sat Aug 6 12:20:46 CDT 2011

My first thought was to first crush as fine as possible with a leaf and branch shredder. The one I have is much like a hammermill, but just dull blades swinging, not hammers. Then move to an old garbage disposal, and finish with a homebrewer's roller mill for grain. You can get new ones for $100-$200, which are often modified to be run by an electric motor instead of a hand crank. If a larger one is needed, there are used commercial equipment dealers, or you could check the classifieds on www.probrewer.com. Or maybe try a used flour mill from a bakery.