[Greenbuilding] Underground vernacular architecture

natural building naturalbuilding at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 7 11:28:43 CDT 2011

Perhaps the most impressive, and largest, examples of underground architecture are to be found in the Cappadocia region of central Turkey.

The two underground Cities of Derinkuyu and Kaymakli were / are 5 - 7 storeys deep and capable of supporting literally tens of thousands of people for extended periods of time, complete with stables, wineries, etc..

Steve Satow

www.naturalbuildingsite.net
naturalbuilding at shaw.ca