[Greenbuilding] Formaldehyde trim

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Wed Aug 10 23:58:07 CDT 2011

The words MDF and humid make me nervous about warping, expansion, damage to
the piece.  If it¹s older it has likely already offgassed to some extent.
Heating an item (with drier heat) can possibly expediate offgassing but
measuring or predicting how much can be hard. And if you do it indoors so
that the form is now ³loose² in the house doesn¹t make things better‹need to
make sure it¹s ventilated outdoors/away, which again can be easier said than
done. It lacks certain controls.