[Greenbuilding] Flattening the Curve

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 18:17:13 CDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Paul Eldridge <
paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> ...To *minimize *the risk of legionella forming at the bottom of the tank,
> we keep the thermostat set at 170°F so our standby losses are a little
> higher than what they would be otherwise.

You think? Um, any particular reason for going that high?
What is the size of your storage tank? At 170F I'd think you could get by
with about 5 or may 10 gallons of storage.

If at 170F you think you are but *minimizing *risk of legionella, what must
the 99.3% rest of us with storage water heaters at lower thermostatic
setpoints be?