[Greenbuilding] (softening) drying clothes

RT Archilogic at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 28 14:10:13 CDT 2011

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 22:47:55 -0400, JOHN SALMEN <terrain at shaw.ca> wrote:

> It depends on what fabrics you are drying and how much residual
> detergent is in them and also mineral content of the water.

> You could add an extra rinse or try a little vinegar in the
> rinse if all else fails.

>> candtcampbell at juno.com wrote:

> How does one use racks or hang clothes to dry without them getting stiff?

I suspect that the "stiffening" agents could be dealt with by using
rainwater or condensate (from air conditioners or dehumidifiers) (ie soft
water) for laundering.

The soft water would:

	- not have any of the mineral content
	(hence eliminating the need to add vinegar to dissolve
	 mineral accumulations on the fabric) and

	- reduce the amount of detergent needed and

	- more effectively remove residual detergent from the fabric during
rinsing

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom