[Greenbuilding] Natural ventilation.

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Tue Aug 30 07:14:12 CDT 2011

can't quantify it for you, but my hunch is that a 4" ceiling vent relying on
stratification and not mechanical force is not large enough to overcome
static pressure and induce significant flow through a 4" ground
intake--particularly if the ground intake is long enough to cool incoming
air appreciably.  A venting skylight might be a better option, assuming
summertime solar gain and wintertime thermal loss were factored in.
regardless, many variables need to be considered...

*Alan Abrams**
Abrams Design Build LLC*
*A sustainable approach to beautiful space*

6411 Orchard Avenue Suite 102
Takoma Park, MD 20912
office  301-270-NET- ZERO (301-270-6380)
fax      301-270-1466
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com