[Greenbuilding] drying clothes

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:50:59 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 4:40 PM, <bill.allen at verizon.net> wrote:

> But with higher energy prices, I bet we will see even more of what I see
> too often already....people throwing out perfectly good dryers (appliances,
> houses, etc.) to replace them with a "green" one.  Very few people don't
> seem to see the absurdity of that....

Rich people, that is. I was once told that to be an environmentalist you had
to be rich. Then I discovered that (on average) rich people use far more
energy than poor people. Luckily the averages mask the fact that in the
actual non-average world plenty of people who could afford to waste a lot of
energy don't.

> How do we get folks to think about this stuff?

here's one way some of us are:
(quite a few folks from this list have wandered over there)

And another approach: http://transitionus.org/

And if you want to send your friends a well made video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQqDS9wGsxQ