[Greenbuilding] Another Green Myth: Garbage Incinerators Are Green Sources of Energy

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:16:36 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Ron Cascio <roncascio at verizon.net> wrote:

> **
> What the "waste" incinerators really like to see in the can are the high
> BTU content petroleum based plastics... just the stuff we need not to be
> there that have high value recyclability.

You're right but I'd go one step further. Those high BTU plastics we
shouldn't be throwing away at all (and this includes recycling). Those that
have already been made, keep in use (shampoo bottles, plastic bags, etc.)
Just reuse them till they disintegrate, which in some cases won't be until
after we have disintegrated. And stop making these from virgin oil.