[Greenbuilding] firewood moisture content - a question for Norbertperhaps

Tim Vireo Keating t.keating at rainforestrelief.org
Wed Dec 14 22:06:13 CST 2011

Makes sense.

At 12:43 PM -0500 12/12/11, Corwyn wrote:
>On 12/12/2011 12:31 PM, Tim Vireo Keating wrote:
>>I'm assuming that the heat 'lost' in the production of the steam is
>>truly lost for the user only if the steam goes out the flue. If it goes
>>into the room, wouldn't the steam than give back the heat to the room
>>when the water vapor cools?
>
>Sure, but the only way the water vapor is going into the room rather
>than up the chimney is if the fireplace is *very* open.  In which
>case a little wet wood is the least of your efficiency problems.
>
>Thank You Kindly,
>
>Corwyn
>

>--
>Topher Belknap
>Green Fret Consulting
>Kermit didn't know the half of it...
>http://www.greenfret.com/
>topher at greenfret.com
>(207) 882-7652

"The Earth and myself are of one mind. The measure of the land and the
measure of our bodies are the same..."
     	                               - Hinmaton Yalatkit, Nez Perce chief

R   A   I   N   F   O   R   E   S   T        R   E   L   I   E   F

Sparing  the  World's  Rainforests  from  Consumption

Rainforest Relief works to protect the world's remaining tropical
and temperate rainforests by reducing the demand for the products
and materials of rainforest destruction such as timber and paper,
industrial agricultural products such as bananas, beef, coffee,
chocolate and cut flowers, and mining products
such as oil, gold and aluminum.

New York, NY: (917) 543-4064
Portland, OR: (503) 236-3031
http://www.rainforestrelief.org
info at rainforestrelief.org
Church Street Station * PO Box 298 * NY, NY 10008-0298