[Greenbuilding] firewood moisture content - a question for Norbertperhaps

Douglas E Lamb douglaslamb at columbus.rr.com
Mon Dec 12 20:30:58 CST 2011

Mr. Deumling,

Due to the particular nature of water when it begins to change state and
condenses it very quickly loses energy when released into the atmosphere.
Like coffee in a ceramic mug. When the coffee condenses into the atmosphere
any heat that is included in the moisture (vapor) quickly dissipates. Hence,
heat gain is null for all practical intense and purposes, The same is true
for any moisture laden item when exposed to heat and released into the
atmosphere.

Mr. Corwyn explains the empirical aspects of this claim very neatly.

Regards,
Doug Lamb
614.323.2005
douglaslamb at columbus.rr.com