[Greenbuilding] Wood-fired auxilliary heating experience: Ashes (was Re: firewood moisture content)

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:01:38 CST 2011

I was at first perplexed about why all of you re talking about ashes with
coals in them. But I suppose if you have the fire going round the clock
then you'd have that, eh?

I empty the ashes once a week when it is really cold, maybe once every two
weeks during most of the winter, and there are never any coals in there.