[Greenbuilding] Wood-fired auxilliary heating experience: Ashes (was Re: firewood moisture content)

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:08:50 CST 2011

Coals btw have been shown in numerous studies to be highly beneficial to
growing things; apparently huge beds of charcoal were built long ago in the
Amazon by natives, over which crops were planted to huge success.  I
actually have been experimenting with this, which is another reason why I
like to deposit ashes with whatever coals are left, in one place.  All
together however, it's a lot of work, better a group project for a village
of ancient natives than one elderly female.  (Besides I haven't noticed
much of a difference where I did bury the charcoal).  Sacie