[Greenbuilding] Fixture Folly

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Mon Dec 19 16:46:13 CST 2011

On 12/19/2011 5:16 PM, J M Alden wrote:

I suspect given the three sources requirement that you are going to be
cobbling together something from parts.  I seem to remember from my
foray into plumbing tubs, that I saw a simple on-off valve for a shower
(i.e. not a diverter), which matched my other requirements, so it would
have been a low-force ceramic valve.  Three of those with a combiner and
a pot filler would (I hope) meet all your requirements.

Alternatively, is there any reason you *must* have the solar and the hot
operable *at the tub*?  If not, I might put a mixing valve with a set
temperature with the solar as the 'cold', near the tank.  That way it
would pass straight solar unless it was too cold, or mix the minimum
amount of hot to meet expectations.  Real 'cold' could then be added at
the tub for personal preference.  That way you are in the region of
standard plumbing.

Hope things are going well with you and yours, and have a Happy Solstice.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap