[Greenbuilding] Fixture Folly

Douglas E Lamb douglaslamb at columbus.rr.com
Mon Dec 19 16:51:55 CST 2011

Is "Relocate" one of the other "r's".
You might consider newer digs.
But then again moving is a very, very big drag.

But seriously folks.
I'm about to take on the same issue with water heater valve stem
replacement.
Emphases is on "replace" not buy new. It will be easier on my wallet and my
patience to replace some washers and seats than replace the entire valve.

It's a good idea also to use a wire brush every once in awhile to knock off
the carbon buildup on fittings. You can also pour Coke or 7up on the
fittings and the carbonate will eat away the buildup on the fittings also.

Regards,
Doug Lamb
douglaslamb at columbus.rr.com