[Greenbuilding] Wood Heating Experience & Exterior Wood Boiler charging Thermal Tank for Radiant Heat

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 11:54:52 CST 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Sacie Lambertson <
sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> *If you have a drafty house, you need to keep the fire going to maintain
> somewhat even temperature.  However, with a tight house, a hot
> intermittent fire heats the house and the house holds the heat.*
>
> Would this assertion be true regardless of the size of the house?  Or the
> size of the stove?

It will be easier with a small house. But I don't see any reason this
wouldn't work at different scales. The variables: volume of house, amount
of insulation, the design temperature, the delta T, aren't specified, but
if we did (and got Nick Pine to run some of his calculations I bet we could
figure this out.