[Greenbuilding] Wood Heating Experience & Exterior Wood Boiler charging Thermal Tank for Radiant Heat

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 13:28:16 CST 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM, RT <archilogic at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Sacie Lambertson <
>> sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> ...However, with a tight house, a hot
>>
>>> intermittent fire heats the house and the house holds the heat.*
>>>

>>> Would this assertion be true regardless of the size of the house?  Or the
>>> size of the stove?
>>>

> Clearly then, simply heating the interior air volume isn't a very
> effective means of keeping the house warm.

RT,
I think I'm missing something. It seems from your description that you are
doing exactly what Sacie was asking about and what I am also inclined to
do: make a fire only very intermittently (even with a large house and a
very large delta T).

Impressive that you have a 24hr heating cycle with that large of a house
and that large of a delta T. Can you elaborate a bit?
R-value of wall assembly?
Other air sealing details?
Temperature fluctuations inside?
how long do you keep the fire going when you do heat? 1hr? 3hrs? 6hrs?

Thanks