[Greenbuilding] Low powered (wattage) water heaters availablethrough Hydro Quebec

Richard Garbary richard6 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 10:25:11 CST 2011

These water heaters are being manufactured by Giant Factories Inc. in
Quebec under the Cascade Ecopeak brand. Made in Canada!

http://www.giantinc.com/english/products/residential/electric.htm#Cascade
ECOPEAK

I think three elements might be overkill. Just a top at 3800 watts and
bottom  at 800 watts would surely do it. We're doing it with top element at
750 watts and bottom at 375 watts running 12 hours a day from 7pm to 7am.
and not running out in with 2 people. Regardless, of the wattage, combining
it with drain heat recovery (such as a GFX) would boost efficiency by
another ~50%. Killer combo.

Richard