[Greenbuilding] Legionaires disease and water temperature

Michael O'Brien obrien at hevanet.com
Fri Dec 30 21:24:15 CST 2011

Hi, all--

Nick, please note that in the Quebec City study, none of the gas water heaters had Legionella while 33% of the electric heaters did.

See also:

Lee, T.C., J.E. Stout, V.L. Yu. "Factors Predisposing to Legionella pneumophila Colonization in Residential Water Systems." Archives of Environmental Health 43 (1988);59-62 (available on PubMed.gov).

Lavoie, M., Levesque, B. and Sergerie, D. "Prevention of Scalding and Legionellosis Associated with Hot Tap Water in Private Homes"(www.inspq.qc.ca/pdf/.../197_PrevScaldingAndLegionellosis.pdf).

Best,

Mike O'Brien