[Greenbuilding] living wall

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Sat Feb 5 18:13:43 CST 2011

A few soil systems that I've read about (but haven't used or seen
myself). Don't know if they're of interest.

Woolly Pockets
Tournesol VGM
ELT Living  Walls

David

At 05:11 PM 2/5/2011, Gennaro Brooks-Church wrote:

>Has anyone tried reinforced fiberglass grates? What lasts longer
>fiberglass or steel?
>I want a living wall with soil, not a climbing wall with climbers.
>
>Gennaro
>347 244 3016
>On Feb 5, 2011 3:36 PM, "Steve"
><<mailto:steve at greengeek.ca>steve at greengeek.ca> wrote:
> >> Stainless steel cable? There are some living wall wire/cable systems out
> >> there or, knowing you, you could make your own.
> >>
> >> The painted chain link sounds like a maintenance nightmare and the metal
> >> beams, if steel, would have to be maintained, too.
> >
> > Just wanted to comment on this.. for the project I mentioned, we chose
> > (dark green) powder coated stainless steel modular panels, for both
> > aesthetics and durability.
> >
> > -Steve
> > --
> > <http://www.greengeek.ca>http://www.greengeek.ca

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291