[Greenbuilding] superior insulation from a wall made entirely of doweled wood panels?

Rob Dickinson robd at pobox.com
Sat Feb 5 23:41:03 CST 2011

Isn't that just 1/0.20 or R5?  Not particularly very well insulated, by wall
standards.

Rob

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone speak to this?
> http://www.thoma.at/html/english/holz100/gesund/waermedaemmung.html
>
> Seems interesting but also a bit hard to believe. A 14" wall that achieves
> a U-value of 0.20. What is that in our R-units?
>
> Just curious.
>
> Reuben Deumling

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all
the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends
I want to see." — John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer