[Greenbuilding] Max Temp Storage Water Heaters+TemperatureSensors

Carmine Vasile gfx-ch at msn.com
Sun Feb 6 11:02:59 CST 2011

Eli: If you are using stream water, make sure the flow-switch will not be fouled or jammed by small debris. Also, with no drainwater heat recovery system -- which everyone on this Forum hates -- you will need approximately 1/3 x 65 = 221/3 kW @ for shower flow rates near 21/4 GPM; half that @ 11/8 GPM.
Carmine

On Feb 2, 2011, at 12:59 PM, elitalking wrote: Can you recommend a brand of electric tankless heater.  I am looking to be able to get 120F.  I could probably make due with less.  This would not allow me to mix cold creek water during draught conditions.  Therefore, I would need to use only cistern water.  The ambient water temp is 55F.  To get to 120, I need a rise of 65F.  I suppose I could slow the flow rate to get a higher temperature.  The normal flow rate is likely around 3 gpm.     Thanks for your input.     Eli    ----- Original Message -----   From:   natural   building   To: Green Building   Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:04   AM  Subject: Re: [Greenbuilding] Max Temp   Storage Water Heaters+TemperatureSensors
Eli, this begs the question: if you are already replacing the   water heater, why not get an on-demand electric tankless system that supplies   water to the bathroom only when you want it?  More compact than any tank   so you can put it somewhere convenient and it would eliminate virtually all   the unavoidable standby losses associated with a tank?
  Regards,
                Steve Satow
  www.naturalbuildingsite.net  naturalbuilding at shaw.ca