[Greenbuilding] Fwd: Uncaught bounce notification

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 19:50:43 CST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "kenn brown" <kenn2536 at centurylink.net>
To: <greenbuilding-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:40:57 -0600
Subject: cedar

All,

We are 30 miles s/w of Austin TX. We have cedar (juniper) stumps on my place
that were there when we moved here 25 years ago; they appear to be as they
were then. The stumps are remnants of trees that were cut for fence posts or
lumber. We now have junipers covering the place that are weeds. The cedar
that we get from the local Cedar Supply store is East Texas Cedar, a much
faster growing tree than the Juniper. The live Juniper is also a bush with
many limbs growing out of base at the base, that can be trimmed to a tree as
it grows. It is hard to imagine how long it would take for the center limbs
to grow to make usable lumber. We also have White Oak and Elm. We have a
long slender lot 1400 feet deep, 250 ft front, 350 on rear.  With a paved
county road on the front and state road a mile away, we have left all of the
trees, Junipers especially, for noise suppression.  The Junipers with their
pollen from October to March are a constant pain to my allergies, but
cutting mine, wouldn’t make any difference, they are all over Central Texas.
I can remember the cedars on my dad’s ranch, when I was a child, were as
there still, everywhere. We lived 120 miles north/west of where we are now.

Kenn