[Greenbuilding] tankless and radiant floor heat

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 20:13:08 CST 2011

Our son in Seattle,lives in a house with a 2007 installed radiant floor heat
on the main floor, baseboard heat in the basement and 2nd floor.  Three
zones.   The water heated for the system is powered with a Takagi tankless.
Open system.   It is not working right.   Has apparently required a bleeding
numerous times within the week period after he moved in.  Plumber called
initially to show him how to bleed.  This guy told him set the Takagi for
156+ degrees----'only way it'll heat up those floors"    or something like
that.    Pex tubing.

I believe his system has a small holding tank connected with it.

This is Seattle.  ANy suggestions from this group about what goes here?
I've googled anything I can think of connected radiant, tankless and
bleeding/air, but find nothing remotely useful.  Lots of advice though.
Comments about the high heat admonition too.  Never heard of this.

We have a radiant floor system ourselves, but heated with a DHW heater.
We've bled the system one time only, at the beginning.

Something gives here.

Thanks in advance,  Sacie