[Greenbuilding] Solar air heater efficiency

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Sun Feb 20 16:03:53 CST 2011

    Laren,
       Thanks for your assessment. I always assumed that a mesh
absorber, like a
    few layers of expanded metal lath, would generate the air
turbulence desired
    for efficiency. But how can we overcome the be the conflict of
the coolest surface
    (the glazing) being opposite the hottest? How does the matrix
flow-path keep the
    coolest air next to the glass?
      One of my rationales for the counter-flow design, was
elimination of ductwork:
    the inlet and outlet are side-by-side at the bottom of the wall.

    Clarke Olsen