[Greenbuilding] Solar air heater efficiency vs absorber area and airflow

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Sun Feb 20 16:20:20 CST 2011

-Laren Corie- wrote:

Performance would be improved by allowing the air to evenly pass
through the absorber (Matrix flow-path) so that only the coolest air
is adjacent the glazing, with the heated air behind the absorber, both
flowing in the same direction. I suggest using vented aluminum soffit,
as your absorber.   It comes prefinished in satin black.

Laren, in this "physical" description, using the alum. soffit mat., is
this the same device that Nick Pine has described "engineerically" in
this thread?
Can you describe it again, physically, please?  I'm not sure what you
mean by (Matrix flow-path) , and I'd like to come up with a mental image.

Frank

Frank Tettemer
Living Sol ~ Building and Design
www.livingsol.com