[Greenbuilding] Bamboo Floor, Radiant Heat and Thermal Mass

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Sun Feb 27 19:30:26 CST 2011

Hi Kenn:

I don't want to insulate, as the slab is insulated and heated (R34 under
the slab).  I also want to capture heat from the sunstrike.
Given what you're doing, the insulation sounds like a good idea.  I'm no
expert on which, though. I used reclaimed 4"SM board for my slab, but it
is totally sealed by the slab, so I didn't have to worry about any
surface tar, etc on them. Don't know as I would use it if I was
overlaying with something not monolithic.

Lynelle

--
Effective immediately, please use the following e-mail address to reach
me: lynelle at lahamilton.com