[Greenbuilding] Ceiling Fans at Night?

Ron Cascio roncascio at verizon.net
Thu Jan 6 10:35:32 CST 2011

Ceiling fans work the same on the human body in both summer and winter;
convective cooling. It is my belief that a ceiling fan is useful in winter
only when there is a large degree of temperature stratification in high
ceiling areas and the fan is able to push that hot air (which wants to stay
up there) down to a lower level at a very low velocity, low enough as to not
cause convective cooling to the occupants of that area.

In short, I think it is a hard thing to accomplish.

Ron