[Greenbuilding] Ceiling Fans at Night?

Benjamin Pratt benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:45:51 CST 2011

Bob-
I could be as warm as i wanted in my house--even if it were 50F or
less--just by using a down comforter. However, i don't think my house would
make it down to 50f overnight even if i turn the heat off completely and if
it is 0 degrees outside. My other issue is that with my hot water system, it
might take 6 hours to warm the house back up (based on my recent experience
coming back from vacation)!
     In my former house, with less insulation and with a forced air system,
id let it get nice and cool in the house at night, and set the thermostat to
warm it back up an hour before I had to get out of bed. i slept great!
My advice is use another blanket and to skip the fan.
-Ben