[Greenbuilding] That Natural Feeling

Frank Cetera alchemicalfranklen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 15:11:19 CST 2011

AC - loving your sentiments, no doubt cause they somewhat echo mine.  But
getting folks in the green building arena in my town to think natural is a
big goal.  Making the connection to the Earth through natural materials, and
not highly processed and manufactured from states away; having "openings" in
the shell that make that connection to the natural environment; not worrying
down to the smallest BTU if the energy saved in high-tech manufacture bests
the energy lost in natural low/appropriate techniques when making decisions;
using natural materials and eleme4nts instead of mimicking them with
produced structures - a sliding metal wall with openings in it meant to
create a flickering light inside the home that is reminiscent of leaves on a
tree when you could just plant or save the tree.

Ahhh, to not be "locked" away in my home, as I often feel locked away from
the outside in my office or other public buildings that fight their hardest
to keep all the elements out!

~Frank Cetera
www.alchemicalnursery.org