[Greenbuilding] (CDH) Parabolic E-Mail photo's (and brief desc) of self-built Hourly SUN-POINTING Solar Hot-Water-Heaters. (Rev 4/10)).

Carroll Hampleman trackthesun at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 12:26:43 CST 2011

For publication !

__________________________________
Subject:  Parabolic   SOLAR: (DIY).   E-Mail photo's (and brief desc) of
self-built Hourly  SUN-POINTING Solar Hot-Water-Heaters.  Mirrors and Parabolic
Reflectors.

(e-mail building instructions  available)
Rev: Jan 2011.

HOURLY SUN-POINTING Solar Hot-Water-Heaters, DIY.

IF YOU WANT TO BE REALLY  GREEN !       100%  SOLAR
Hot-Water-Heat,  (SHWH).   DIY !  Use the natural Solar Heat of the day
to reduce (or eliminate) your cost of Water Heating.

I have DIS-CONNECTED my electric Hot-Water-Heater   (HWH).
I have my own:  SOLAR COOKER   -    SOLAR   HOT-TUB -
SOLAR SHOWERs.

D.I.Y.   (Couple week-ends, or so)  Simple hand-tools

From: Carroll Hampleman trackthesun at yahoo.com

Hourly "SUN-POINTING",  (during daylight). Solar
  Hot-Water-Heaters.   (with a 24 Hr. TIMER).

We learned in High School - How to draw a Parabolic Curve.
  (See attached).
Now making a long (?) TROUGH (8 Ft high) in back yard,
  against fence.
Now making a "Treated Wood" HOT-TUB,   (for solar-heated
  water storage). "PRE-HEATING"  Hot-Water-Heater, (HWH).   (It
  works).      Simple E-MAIL  "Building Procedures".

All THERMAL HEAT is from the SUN in back yard !   See
attached.     SOLAR HEATED HOT Water : Solar Showers
& Solar Cooker:     (self built).

Now operating in back yard:    A "ONE-TIME
COST":  Less than $50.00, (or so).  Reduces the monthly electric bill
in an ALL ELECTRIC house.    With the mirrors:  NO other Solar
Sensing equipment is needed.   The  "re-circulating
water", on a 24 Hr. TIMER,  (between the bottom drain of
the "as-built" Hot-Water-Heater  (HWH)  and the Solar
Collector  has "re-circulating water temperatures"  UP
TO 145 Degrees  F.  NO daily maintenance requirements.
Current RECORDS show:  Daily Hot-Water cost (family of
two) is LESS THAN 50 cents per DAY, Winter-time
and NO CHARGE (FREE), in the Summer-time.  (Records
available)

Daily measurement of the present  DAILY USE of
electricity (KWH) by monitoring the daily "TIME
ON"  of the  present "as constructed"  Electric 220V
(Hot-Water-Heater) , HWH, shows an approximate 20 (or 30)
cents PER  DAY, winter-time.   (Records available).   The HWH has a 4.5 KW
heating element, and with a  local COST of an average of
13.9 cents per KWH, this shows:   (4.5 KW)  X  (13.9
cents/KWH)  =  62.55 cents per hour, when the HWH
is  "ON".  (a penny per minute)

Current MONITORING shows COST (of water heating) to be
"Less than 30 cents per day (Winter-Time).  There is NO COST
(of Solar Hot Water) during the Summer-Time.
SOLAR SHOWERs can be taken.

See attached Email photo's:   Note:  The 120 Sq.Ft.
Parabola BOILS water in FULL SUN, and is now being
"re-designed" , to be only 8 Ft. tall by 20 (or 30, or so) Feet long.
The FULL SUN:  1 KW per Sq. Meter (KWSM)    has a potential
of "up  to" 317.1 BTU per  Sq. Ft.per Hour,  (BSH).

We  learned how to draw a Parabolic Curve in High School:
a thumb-tack and a piece of string with a "loop" on one end.
The reflecting mirrors are now daily operated.   "Hourly-Sun-
Pointing" ,   (Day-light hours).  Sun-Pointing starts at
9AM, and stops, and turns OFF at 6PM -    and returns to
EAST, at  6AM.   The 30W "Position Motors" can be operated by AC
or DC.  (only minutes per day).  "Can" be hand-operated,
if well balanced.

To enlarge e-mail photo, CLICK ON PHOTO.  (If this "Provider" cannot reproduce
e-mail photo' s,   please ask me for a copy,  WITH your e-mail address.)

The NREL  handbook:   "U.S. Weather Stations" reports
(for my area) an AVERAGE 29 Yearly average total of (approx.
2,000  BTU/Sq.Ft./DAY).   The NREL "Solar Radiation Data - - "
has the solar result of 239 U.S.  Weather Stations.
ONE BTU is "that thermal heat" for ONE degree (F.) for
ONE pound.  Water weighs 8.33 pounds per gallon.

Visit:  www.solar parabolic hot water heat diy.com
          Note:  TYPE all words & spaces.
Visit:  www.hampleman solar heat.com;   (punch:  "Volkswagen lover - "
         and play video).
/s/  Carroll H.   trackthesun(at)yahoo(dot)com
Sincere inquiries answered.

Procedures forwarded WORLD-WIDE !