[Greenbuilding] Nansulate Insulation

Gennaro Brooks-Church info at ecobrooklyn.com
Sat Jan 22 10:52:43 CST 2011

I partnered up with nansulate a couple years ago to show the stuff in my
show house. I didn't test the heat loss properties, although I suspect it is
in the realm of other radiant barriers foil (but less effective).
I wasn't impressed. It smells toxic. If you are not careful it dries as a
milky white instead of clear. In some places it started flaking off.
I have concerns that if in fact it is nanotechnology then the dust could
enter our body and cause possible harm.
Nano particles are still a new frontier and the effect of small synthetic
particles on our body needs to be looked into.
I classify nanotechnology in the same realm as playing with food genetics -
it is still up in the air whether we are the sorcerer or the sorcerers
helper. Probably a mixture of both.

Gennaro Brooks-Church

Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
www.EcoBrooklyn.com