[Greenbuilding] Nansulate Insulation

bill.allen at verizon.net bill.allen at verizon.net
Sun Jan 23 07:06:43 CST 2011

John,

I applaud your efforts.

My uneducated question is: Why use paint at all? Don't well installed, bare  wood shingles last a pretty long time (as siding) if you use the right species?

I am making these choices now for my own house and keep gravitating toward natural wood (shingles or siding). With the correct roof overhang (eves and gables), don't they last a while?  I just dismantled a 150+ year old barn in climate zone 6 with the original, naked hemlock siding (vertical). It's got plenty of life left.

Would love any comments...

Bill