[Greenbuilding] Nansulate insulation

Lawrence Lile LLile at projsolco.com
Mon Jan 24 12:18:23 CST 2011

http://nanopore.com/thermal2.html

" Insulated Shipping Containers

NanoPore(tm) VIPs and inserts have been used extensively in insulated shipping applications both as single use to replace or supplement to
conventional polyurethane (PU) or expanded polystyrene (EPS) shipping systems and in reusable applications. Advantages include
 reduction in package size/weight, reduced shipping costs and longer product lifetimes. For more informantion on insulated shipping click here"

Somewhere in the world, one of these vacuum insulated shipping containers is probably available for surplus.  Some enterprising scrounger is going to have one really high tech recycled house!

Now, this also means that there are conventional insulated shipping containers.  Hmmm...   I never realized there was such a thing.  Everyone, no doubt, has seen the houses built out of shipping containers.  Could you buy one surplus pre-insulated with conventional foam?  Cool!

--Lawrence Lile

oenergylists.org