[Greenbuilding] Cob as an alternative to spray foam sealant?

Frank Cetera alchemicalfranklen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 21:15:33 CST 2011

Rob Tom, I'm thinking less holes/gaps, then literally "cracks".  Porous
parts of the home shell that would be foam caulked to prevent air leakage,
more so than for R-value.

As Steve says "to provide an air seal, in
addition to something like blown-in cellulose, or perhaps as a
spray-on finish for strawbale, rather than filling wall cavities
completely as the only insulation."

Though I am planning on experimenting with clay-straw slip to insulate a
wall section that is being built where a door is being taken out.