[Greenbuilding] Greenbuilding Digest, Vol 11, Issue 12

sat jiwan ikle-khalsa satjiwan_khalsa at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 20:19:13 CDT 2011

so shouldn't the new inverter technology from mini-splits be combined with the ground source heat pump efficiency and a great insulation/air barrier?  to require powering by a 1kw or less solar system?

at some point investing in all three pieces will be overkill unless the systems get heavy use.  note that each improvement diminishes the payback on investment of the others.  (i.e. in and old house increase efficiency of furnace and amount of insulation and the super efficient furnace runs less due to the insulation and takes longer to payback since it's being used less.)

maybe if energy prices reflected their true costs (local and global environment impacts and military actions)  it would make sense to focus on all three. so maybe do them all if you can (i.e. client has the money). and otherwise choose the 1 or 2 investments that work best for your particular project.

-satjiwan

~ ~ ~ ~ please use my permanent email address: satjiwan at alumni.brandeis.edu ~ ~ ~ ~

Some of my recent projects:
SEE: http://www.Truthful-Living.com