[Greenbuilding] Green roof drainage question

Marilyn cybercrone at eol.ca
Sun Jul 24 08:20:46 CDT 2011

Hi John:

Thanks for that.  I really wish there was someone from the list here in town, since for
all the contractors here, I have a really hard time finding anyone who can, or is willing
to, think a problem through the way you folks do.  And they definitely see me coming.

For instance - just had my water heater replaced.  Needed a big one as it heats the
kitchen and part of the basement and I have tenants.  So, replacing the 60 gal one, I
called my regular plumber and he quoted me just under $2K.  I know he's expensive.  I
called another well-known city plumber to see if I could get the price down a bit and he
quoted me ~$5K.  I don't understand that kind of thinking at all, but I see it so often.

I think everyone here is so busy that they don't care whether they get the work or
not.
Just so glad I can at least get some good advice and guidance here, even if I can't
persuade you to come and do the job.  <(^o^)>
~m